23/01/2012

Epiphany

The other day I had a bit of an aha-moment. It kinda snuck up on me...

There was some work-related issue that I had a strong opinion about (all in all not particularly unusual...). Oftentimes my supervisor tends to agree with me, but in this particular instance, he didn't. I was not amused, to use an understatement. In fact, my inner 5-year-old was about 2 minutes away from throwing a temper tantrum, pouting and feet-stomping included.
However, I managed to restrain said inner 5-year-old and remained my 30-something composed self ;-)

It did make me realize that I tend to get my way a lot. Hell, even as an adult, I still have my dad wrapped around my pinky, for one...
I guess I haven't had to deal with a lot of adversity in my life. It's actually been a pretty smooth ride so far.

My parents are still happily married after 40 years.

Though we weren't exactly rich while I was growing up, I don't recall ever lacking anything as a child.

No traumatic events such as abuse or war that scarred me for life.

I didn't even have to put much effort into school to pass with flying colours.

Being an only child, I've always fought against the spoiled brat stereotype. And I don't know whether it stems from being an only child, or whether it is my red hair or my star sign (fire sign) or my character, or whether it's simply human nature, but I don't like not getting my way. One bit.

OH.MY.GAWD {insert Janice-from-Friends-voice}

Seems like I'm a spoiled brat after all!

No comments: