29/09/2008

Welcome to the world Danny

Vanochtend kreeg ik al om 6.10 een sms-je. Ik was al half aan het schelden op m'n moeder (die neemt het over het algemeen niet zo nauw qua bellen / sms-en), máár... het was Nancy, een vriendin die ik al mijn hele leven ken (da's niet overdreven, ik ken haar echt al vanaf mijn geboorte, we woonden in hetzelfde portiek en zijn samen opgegroeid).

Hier is Nancy 1,5 maand geleden, tijdens haar moeder's verjaardag:





En dat sms-je was dus om te vertellen dat ze vannacht is bevallen van een ZOON: Danny!

Maar nu vraag ik me toch 1 ding af: of onze 'crush' op Danny de Munk toen we een jaar of 9 waren invloed heeft gehad op haar naamkeuze... ;)

This morning I got a text message at the ungodly hour of 6.10. I was already half cursing at my mom, since she has been known not to take time very seriously when calling or texting me. However... it was my friend Nancy, whom I have known my entire life (this is not exagerated, I really have known her since I was born. We lived at the same apartment building and grew up together).

Above are pictures of Nancy 1,5 months ago, on her mom's birthday.

And the text message was to announce that her SON Danny was born earlier that night!

Somehow I cannot help but wonder 1 thing though: whether our first major crush on singer/actor Danny de Munk when we were around 9 had anything to do with their choice of name... ;)

No comments: